Thursday, January 23, 2014

Righteous Rice Bin

We work on our sensory therapy today!  Woot woot!  This afternoon we spent time playing in the rice pool.  Well, really it is a rice bin.  A fairly small and manageable rice bin, but hey, it fits the bill.  It was our first time doing it at home, and just like at OT, Caleb enjoyed picking up handfuls of rice and dumping them on the floor.  The only difference is that here, I have to clean it up.  Man, that part sucks!

Caleb did really, really well.  I was so proud of my little monkey.  While he started off only throwing the rice out of the bin, he eventually started submerging his hands in the rice, feeling it.  He didn't submerge his hands often or for very long, but he did it, and that is a big step.  He also wanted to be in the rice bin, which I think is cool.  Overall, awesome job!

He played in the rice bin for about 15 minutes; I then had to determine that rice time was over because frankly, I was tired of constantly picking up mounds of rice off the floor.  Plus, it was getting close to Caleb's nap time, and that is a break that we both need.



I don't know why Caleb always looks like he has a cold when he is in a picture.  Awww, my little mouth-breather!  My monkey is so cute in person, but honestly, he kinda takes crap photos...



No comments:

Post a Comment