Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Good Day

While yesterday started out a bit rocky, overall it was a stellar day.

Since my husband could not get his car out of the driveway, he decided to work from home.  (Pretty reasonable choice, if you ask me...)  This meant that he would emerge from the bedroom (where he was working) now and again to join Caleb and I while we were playing.  This made Caleb very happy.

Before Caleb's nap, I noticed that Caleb was asking me to join him in playing more than usual.  He does this by grabbing my hand and putting it where he thinks it should be; this let's me know how I should play with him.  We played with cars and flipped through books together. We even played a silly game he loves where he puts his binky in my mouth and then he rips it out; it is my job to try and keep it in my mouth, so I have to clamp my teeth down on it.  This game lasted forever, and made him laugh and laugh.  He would lunge into my lap head first and roll around on me.  It was fantastic.

At lunch time, he ate all of his food and showed actual signs of sleepiness.  I put him down for a nap and within 5 minutes he was asleep.  A MIRACLE!

After his nap, he was a bit cranky, which is something that can happen.  But instead of being inconsolable, he was okay.  After his usual pretzels and juice, he was happy as a clam.  My husband and I played Duplos with him, and for the first time in weeks, he was actually building with the Duplos.  Caleb used to build towers and stack the Duplo blocks all over the large platforms; lately all he wants to do is take apart Duplo creations or buildings that Daddy and I make.  But not today!  He made his own!  It was lovely.

And then, for dinner, he ate beans!  He ate them all!

My husband and loved every minute of it.  We knew that this day might be a fluke, but this also showed that when Caleb regresses, the old Caleb isn't lost.  Caleb will beat this.

I have faith that one day Caleb will not only meet each developmental milestone, but exceed it.
I know that my baby is smart.
I see his creativity.
I see his brilliance.
I see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment