Monday, January 13, 2014

Bubble

Yay upon Yay!
Caleb said the word, "Bubble" at therapy this morning!
In fact, he said it twice!

How encouraging!
He loved playing with the bubbles at therapy and I look forward to trying to replicate that play at home. 

While I watched him through the two-way mirror, I realized that Caleb doesn't perform certain acts upon command even though I thought he did.  The therapist tried to get him to clap when he did a good job, but he wouldn't.  I was really surprised.  It is so difficult to just sit there, watching your kid; you feel like you should be doing something to help out!  But, now I know what to work on with Caleb at home: getting him to imitate me with sound and animation.

Caleb was happy and smiling all through therapy, and was sad to leave.  He was so distraught that after I put his coat on, he ran away from me and found his therapist down the hallway.  He really loves her and I love that he loves her.  It is great to see him so open to building new relationships.  There were tears as we made our way out to the car, but I planned ahead: I had a bottle of juice waiting for him.  And in this house, juice can solve any problem.

On Wednesday, after our speech and language therapy, Caleb has his Occupational Therapy evaluation.  I have no idea what to expect, but I am glad that my husband is taking time off work to be with me.  When Caleb had his initial evaluation, I had to do it alone because my husband was out of town, and it was emotionally taxing for me.  I know my husband wanted to be there, and I don't blame him for being gone; I am just thankful that he will be there on Wednesday.

Fingers crossed for Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment