Saturday, January 4, 2014

Not Sure What I Know

I am so unsure of myself and my son.  I know that we are going through something, but what?  Today I felt like the boy I have grown to know over these past 2 years was becoming more and more of a stranger.  Where is my smiley, happy-go-lucky boy?  My boy who wanted to just see everything and take in the world?  Now he seems to grow bored and become agitated much more easily.  Even little things like taking him shopping have an aggressive tone; he will constantly kick me in the belly from his seat in the shopping cart.  I try to distance myself from his feet and ask him to stop kicking me, reminding him that "feet are for walking and standing, not kicking."  He doesn't understand what I am saying and he continues to kick me.  Even meal times are a constant battle.  Food is thrown during every meal and I can never correctly predict what food he is going to actually want to eat as his pickiness grows stronger.

Or, maybe I am imagining it all.
Maybe he is just cranky when he is tired or hungry, like a normal toddler.
And every toddler gets picky with food, right?
Maybe he isn't kicking me, but rather just enjoying swinging his legs and because I am overweight, my big belly gets in his way.
Maybe this is just part of the Terrible Twos - a normal progression.

How am I to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment