Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snickeryoudle.

I have read that after a few good days on the gfcf diet, a child will become nice and whiny.  Well, it is good to know that my child is finally hitting milestones right on time!  Yup, on Friday, Caleb became the whiny whinerson that whined. 

I decided to take Caleb grocery shopping for some more gluten-free/casein-free foods, since at that time his diet was pretty limited. We first went to Meijer and I was pleased to see that they have a whole little section of gluten-free items, many of which are made for people who also do not want dairy in their food.  However, Caleb was soooo noisy; I was terribly distracted while reading labels. 

His cries and moans were constant, and I was desperately trying to keep him complacent with a steady stream of gluten-free pretzels.  I frantically switched between shoving pretzels in my toddler's mouth and looking at the ingredients in these strange, new foods by companies I had never seen before.  Eventually I just grabbed what I thought was a good range of products and headed to checkout. 

When I got home, I realized that I had bought 4 bags of pretzels (they were 40% off!) and 6 boxes of cookies. 

Seriously. 

wtf.


Btw, the Trader Joe's allergen-free snickerdoodle soft-baked cookies are totally yummy.
But everything we got by Enjoy Life tastes weird....
like someone accidentally dropped a bar of soap in the mix or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment