Monday, February 10, 2014

OshKosh B'monkey

We got some very thoughtful gifts these past couple days!  My husband and I are very touched.

On Sunday, my in-laws came over and they had some awesome Valentine's Day gifts for Caleb.  First of all, they gave Caleb the complete collection of Nancy Tillman's books, which are all very beautiful, very sweet, and very welcome in our house.  And anyone who knows us knows that we love books!  She also brought Caleb a doll and a backpack to see if it would further his interest in working with figures.  Last but not least, she bought Caleb these OshKosh B'gosh overalls that were "just like Grandpa use to wear, working the fields."  When Caleb tried them on, my husband agreed that Caleb looked just like Grandpa, except, you know, 2 years old.


Then today in the mail we get another unexpected gift, this time from my husband's sister.  She was recently in Japan, and there she found this towel and thought of us.  I have to say, this towel is so perfect, I started to tear up a bit.  The gift was very touching; even the strawberries are perfect because Caleb has a love affair with freeze dried strawberries.






It is really nice to have a family that is so thoughtful and sweet.  And yes, I don't need gifts to know that I am loved, but sometimes they act as visual reminders when the words are too far away.








No comments:

Post a Comment