Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sicky McSickerson

Well, my poor husband thought that he couldn't get sick from the baby.  Yup.  Could not happen.  Not if he held the baby close and kissed his face.  Not if he ate his discarded applesauce packets.  Not if he refused to touch anti-bacterial soap because it was unnecessary.  Well....  My husband got sick.  And not just kind of sick, but majorly sick.  Like, holy shit, you actually look green, sick.

The kind of sick that makes the air around you wilt.  Seriously.  The air around him wilted it was so foul.  It smelled like vomit and decayed flesh.

On the plus side, I got to take care of the baby, the dogs, and Caleb (see what I did there?) for 3.5 days straight!  On the fourth day, I passed out.  Kind of literally.

It was a good thing that my husband was doing better because tonight, the fourth night, I allowed myself to fall down, face-forward, on the guest bedroom mattress and pass out.  And I was out.  For like, an hour.  Until I woke up to my son screaming bloody murder and my husband saying, "don't worry, your mother will fix it!"  This had me worried.

Somehow my son was able to factory-reset the Kindle.  That boy is pretty damn smart.

So, now I am spending my evening redownloading all of his stupid (I mean lovely!  LOVELY!) apps while forcing my eyelids open. 

Btw, the next time my child is sick and my husband thinks he is invincible, I am just going to throw everything away before he can touch it and then bathe him in antibacterial gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment